Thursday, April 23, 2015

Weekend Sew-in April 2015

This past weekend was another productive sewing weekend for me. My lovely step-daughter- Amy, her wonderful husband Paul and our adorable grandson Bennett came to stay with us for the weekend.

Amy brought her sewing machine, several projects to work on and oodles of lovely fabric for me to drool over. On break times, I got to snuggle baby Bennett.
We did take one road trip to a quilt shop south of us. Amy needed some fabric to finish up the top she was working on and I entertained B while mama shopped. Amy's mom and aunt met us at the shop (they are quilters too) and a good time was had by all. I showed extraordinary restraint and didn't purchase anything - I mean ANYTHING! (crazy - right?)

Here is a picture of Amy's finished Weekender quilt top. I love the red colored border. It really frames the quilt nicely.

I was able to finish up quilting another weekender quilt top on the long arm machine. We pieced this top at our weekend retreat back in February and this one is for Amy's Grandma Virginia.

With the quilting done all that is left is the binding and hopefully we can give it to her on Mother's day since Grandparents day isn't until September.


The boys napped while we sewed.

Dad grilled.

It was a great weekend!


On Sunday, we pinned Amy's quilt and got it ready for her to machine quilt it on her new sewing machine. She was pretty excited about trying to free motion quilt on her new machine.

The blue and white quilt is quilted and now needs binding too so I guess I will be brushing up on my binding skills soon.
I started another quilt a couple of weeks ago for my niece who is getting married in May. I worked on the blocks this weekend and they are all pieced now. I have been working on the sashings a little every night after supper and will post a picture when the top is completed.

I love the longer sunshiney days. I can leave the door to my studio open and listen to the birds chirping and can even hear the trains tooting their horns at times. It is quite peaceful in my little corner of the world.
Have a great week.
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment