Thursday, January 7, 2016

My Plan

Hi Everyone,
I was so excited about the UFO challenge that I got right to it and organized my projects. They are all ready and numbered to be picked at the beginning of each month. This is going to be so great for me because a month is about long enough for me to work on something and then I am ready to start a new something else.
Wouldn't it be great if I actually finished all 10 of my projects!? Most of them are close to completion, maybe needing a border or to be quilted and have the binding put on. There are a few (over half I guess) that still need to be pieced together yet so they may not get all the way completed but at least they will be looked at.

Here is my list of 10 projects:


And another picture of them piled up and numbered.

It is so nice to have a plan and I can't wait for February 1st to get here but first I have to finish up my January projects.
What I have on board for this month are my two March birthday pillowcases, finish up a baby quilt (just needs the binding) and work on the flannel crib quilt I have up on my design board.

Pictures please:

Pillowcase fabric is to the right and the pattern for the flannel quilt is on the left. I forgot to add the block of the month quilt that I also will be working on throughout the year as well. That pattern is at the top of the picture.
Pretty ambitious for me but I think I am ready for this challenge.


Flannel quilt. I love the colors.



Baby quilt - binding next to it needing to be cut and pieced together.

I really am off to a good start this year, and you may ask, how so??

Well, last weekend I finally finished up my nieces wedding quilt plus made a set of matching pillowcases to go with. It is boxed up and ready to go in the mail, I just have to get a card put into the box. I also completed my January birthday pillowcases and they are ready for the birthday girls later this month.

Pictures please:













I can see I need to work on my picture taking skills.
So there you have it, my quilting/sewing goals for 2016. My plan to implement those goals, and you my readers to keep me accountable.
Yes, 2016 is shaping up to be a wonderful year.

Let's get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment