Friday, February 11, 2011

Olivia's quilt

Hi All,
Several weeks ago my friend Lesa told me that she was going to start a quilt for a niece of hers that was graduating high school this year. As I sat and listened to her tell me what quilt she was going to make, I realized that I tooo have a niece that is going to graduate this year. Where Has the Time Gone!!

My sister's daughter Olivia will be graduating this spring, so when I mentioned that to my friend she said "Why don't we make these quilts together?"  I called Olivia to get an idea for fabric colors and promptly went and purchased the fabric. On my birthday in fact - Jan 21st.
Here is what I got:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Not a lot of pattern but certainly a lot of color. One of the first color choices she said was yellow. I LOVE YELLOW!!! (My children tease me about my yellow living room. The color was called Duck Bill.)  I found this beautiful, buttery yellow and I love it.
As I put this quilt together, I love the colors so much I can't wait to see it finished.

Here is what is on the design board right now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The red above it is my wall not part of the quilt. I just love how the stars pop!

The pattern is from a Judy Martin book called Knockout Blocks and Sampler Quilts.
There are a lot of pieces to the block, with 12 flying geese in each block. It's coming together but slowly.
I will keep you posted.

I finally got the bindings done on both of the denim throws. Whew. My first 2 finished quilts for this year and glad to have them finally done.
I have one of the quilt tops done for Quilt for Kids and am working on the other today. I am planning on pinning and quilting them next week. We'll see.
I am off to the sewing room. I hope your have a productive sewing week.
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep warm and have a wonderful day.



1 comment:

  1. I love your colors, and your scattered stars. It's going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete