Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pictures

Hi Everyone,

Here are a few pictures that I promised.
This is a picture of the donation quilt that I quilted for the Long Arm Quilters Guild in Des Moines.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The binding is on it and the quilt was delivered to the guild last month at the monthly meeting. A few comments on the quilting.... That was a hard one because I quilted each pieced block different. All of the plain blocks had the same pattern which I quilted using my laser light. The hard part was figuring out what I was going to do in each of the pieced blocks. It turned out great though and I was happy to participate.

This is my daughter, Kelley, and I at the quilt guilds April sew-in. We are pin basting this cute baby quilt that Kelley pieced for her nieces new baby that was born in May. Kelley was going to quilt it on her machine and did try to at the sew-in but the back is a minky fabric and was stretching and rippling on the back. I took this adorable quilt home, took the stitches out and put it on the long arm to quilt it. It turned out really nice and Kelley has it back to put the binding on it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That is all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous quilt Nan, I love to read about the progress other people make with their quilts. I always seem to be starting new projects without finishing off older ones. Regards
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete