Saturday, April 7, 2012

WIP - Let's get busy

Works In Progress
I don't know about you but I have too many WIP to justify starting any new projects. (There are so many more projects I want to do)

Most of my WIP are big and only 1/2 completed so finishing them up in a weeks time is not feasible with the schedule I have now.
I have to work out a plan that will allow me to take bites out of these projects that will eventually lead to completion without me always feeling overwhelmed.

It seems I start something, work on it for awhile, see something else I want to make, get started on that and so on.

I am sure there is a psychiatric term for this affiction. Adult ADD? CQCPD? Compulsive Quilt Change Project Disorder?

My solution?
I am still working this out in my mind but here is one idea....

For those projects that are still in the piecing stages - work 1 block a week. I think I can manage that.
I have 4 quilts I can think of right now in this stage that I want to get done.
4 blocks is manageable, 16 blocks a month is a little overwhelming though.
These blocks range in size from 6" to 16"'s so 4-6" doesn't seem enough and 4-16" could be ok or a lot depending on what the day brings on.

I work 3rd shift during the week so I rarely see family or friends during the week and my weekends are spent juggling all of them. Nuff said. I CAN do this.
Or maybe I will work on 2 piecing projects and one long arm quilting project a week. Hummm.

In an ideal world I wouldn't have an outside job and would sew to my hearts content.

Oh well, I appreciate the times I do have to quilt and sew, and I love the feeling of a job well done. I would love to hear how you manage the quilting time in your busy life.
I am leaving you with 2  pictures of projects on my design board that I will be working to get finished.




Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment