Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day

Hello,
Hubs is home! YAY!
 For those of you who don't know, my husband drives a semi truck and is on the road for at least 3 weeks at a time and then comes home for 3 - 5 days.
I knew he was coming home sometime this week but wasn't expecting him so soon and since I had worked extra hours this weekend I really wasn't feeling up to making him a home cooked meal. Does a crock pot meal count?  Crock Pot Lasagna!

Here is the recipe for Crock Pot Lasgna.
Crock Pot Lasagna
Ingrediants
1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 1/2 salt
1 teaspoon oregano
12 ounces cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions
1. Brown ground beef, add onion and garlic when beef is mostly browned
2. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano
3. Cook sauce long emough to get it warm.
4. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker
5. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses
6. Repeat with sauce noodles and cheeses until all are used up
7. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Enjoy.



 Dear Hubs went with me to the fabric store and watched while I fingered fabric and got what I came for. A high quality muslin.
Thanks for going with me Dear Hubs.


Hope you are having a fun Labor day.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment