Friday, February 5, 2010

More Quilts

This has been a very busy week. I haven't done any sewing. :(

I am finally posting a couple of pictures.
This a a photo of the quilt I completed for my Dad and gave it to him for Christmas. The top had been done for about a year and I machined quilted it last Nov. after all my machine quilting classes I took at the Des Moines Quilt show. I used invisible thread on the top and it turned out really nice. YAY!! The pattern is called Magic Nine Patch and the fabric is all flannels. I double stitched the seams because I had a problem with a previous flannel comforter I made. After it was laundered one of the borders separated at the seam. I was so disappointed but I learned. Flannel needs a finished edge. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the quilt I made for my Grand daughter. This is the front and it is all flannel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And here is the back. I pieced the back and love the way it came out. It is all flannel as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I made a matching doll quilt for her new doll bed she got for Christmas.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Too cute.

I hope you are busy with something fun and creative. Valentines Day is coming and what a great opportunity to express yourself to someone your love through something you have created. A poem, card, quilt, knitted scarf (it's still chilly out) or whatever your creative niche is.
Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment