Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Machine!!

Good Morning,
I am stepping out of my comfort zone. OH NO!!
Yesterday I ordered a long arm sewing machine by Gammill. It is their new 22 inch long arm machine and right now if you order from Gammill you can get a digital camera that shoots the underside of your quilt for free. YAY!!! Now You can see what is going on under the quilt as well as on top. The table also has a pivotal front. I'm not sure what exactly I will use that for but I got it. :)
This glorious machine is set to be delivered and set up on August 9th. OOOhhhh, that is only a little over a week away.

I am starting a long arm sewing service out of my home and it is very scary. I want to be able to work at home to make money, quilt my own pieced tops and offer a service here in M-town and the surrounding communities for others to be able to get their pieced tops quilted.

But then there are the What If's-
What if I don't make enough money in quilting each month to make my payments?
What if my quilting really isn't that good?
What if I mess up someone else's quilt?

OK, so Think Positive!!

ARRGGG!!!

This week and next week are going to be spent getting my studio ready for my new machine. Painting, organizing, rearranging and reorganizing. Yikes!!

Here are the things I am grateful for this week:
1. The Lord Jesus Christ for reminding me that no matter what, He does provide according to His word- the bible. I have been praying about this for a long time now.
2. My husband, who is so supportive of all my crazy endeavors. Thank you Schweety. I try to keep him in the loop as much as he can stand. He really only likes to see the bottom line though, or the finished product.
3. A new long arm sewing machine - to be able to quilt my quilts and help others to get their quilts quilted too. Finally a mission I think I can handle.

Stay tuned for more updates. I hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment