Thursday, September 23, 2010

Glad for a new day.

I am sure glad yesterday is gone and today has come. Not that I want to be wishing my life away but I sure had a heck of a scare. I thought I blown up my brand new Gammill Vision!!  The computer part, that is.Whew! Thankfully I didn't..
I called my trainer in Beloit, Cathy, nearly in tears and said "I think I broke my machine". Cathy, being the calm person she is said "tell me what happened". After I told her what had happened, she walked me through how to fix it and then said "Didn't I tell you, you can't break these machines?"

I was so relieved to have my machine fixed that I was hugging her through the phone. Thanks Cathy!!!!!

Apparently I got a piece of lint and thread caught behind the bobbin assembly, so the machine got stuck and shut itself off. Once I got that cleaned out and pushed the reset button she came right back on. YAY!!!

I thought for sure I had knocked something out of whack sewing this denim throw. I am over half-way done and will finish it up today. Then I think I will have a binding party with the 2 quilts that I will have completed. :)

Now onto another topic that I keep forgetting I want to tell you about. I started a small group of people who like to foundation paper piece and we meet on the 4th Thursday (usually) every month. We aren't meeting tonite though because the gal who wants to have it at her house wanted to do it next week. Our project is the BOM by Carol Doak called Radiant Block of the Month. Carol has a yahoo group and every month she posts another block. It is really neat to see the different ways these blocks are coming together in our group.
Here are the blocks I have made so far.

This is the June block. This project started June 2010 and will end May 2011.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is July's BOM.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is August's BOM.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September's is out and I have it downloaded and printed up, ready to go. I still have to put the 4 blocks together for August, as you can see. When this is done we will have 12 different blocks and there are 13 connecting blocks that are like a background to set off the BOM's. This should be a pretty cool quilt when it is done.
It's nice to have a group to do it with. You feel a little more motivated to get things done. I also love the group we have put together. They are so different and yet we all share a common interest - quilting.


That's all I have today, though I wanted to share a few gratitudes because I have much to be thankful for.

1. I am thankful for Cathy Kleinschmidt. She is an expert with Gammill machines and has a lot of great stories to tell. Thank you Cathy for helping me to get my machine up and running again.

2. I am thankful for my new Long Arm sewing machine, I am getting my quilt tops quilted so fast, and with each top I am getting more skilled with my new machine. I may never be an award winning quilter, but I pray I will be able to quilt for others so that they will be able to enjoy their finished quilts as well.

3. I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ, my Shepard. Help me Lord to be a faithful servant.

Thank you all out there in blogland for stopping by.
I hope You have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment