Thursday, October 29, 2009

Des Moines Quilt Show and workshops

Good Morning,

Sorry I didn't get this in last night. I came home, fed the animals and crashed. I was sooo exhausted. Mostly because I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before my workshops.
I kept waking up about every 2 hours and then finally got up a 4:45am to get ready. I left the house at 7:00am to be sure I would get there by 8:30am and be sitting in my class ready to go. Well I got there okay, found a parking spot ($6 for event parking) and arrived 20 minutes early, (plenty of time to find a good seat and get situated)only to find that my first work shop was cancelled. :(

After getting the refund paper work completed I now had 4 hours to kill before my next workshop, so off I went to look at everything.
WOW! So much to see, vendors, quilts, people (I met some of the gals that are in my online quilt group) and more. I checked out several long arm dealers, picked up a new 18 inch ruler and a book. I looked at the quilt collections and it was time to get something to eat and go to my next workshop. I didn't even have time to go look at all the quilts that were on the main display floor. I was so tired by then I wasn't sure I would make it through my workshop, but I did and I am so glad I took it. I learned so much in such a short time and the teacher was fun and very informative, not to mention patient with us newbies.
Now I need to find out about quilting on my little Janome so I am going to their display today to see about a quilting foot for free motion.

Here are some of my practice quilt sandwiches. It was such a fun class.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I practiced writing my name.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is me practicing stippeling. Can you see the instructors stippeling in there? It is the really nice and smooth one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Such a serious sewer. Just trying to get my hands and foot to coordinate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes that is a new Janome we practiced sewing on. Boy was it nice. That is about it, if you have any questions go ahead and post a comment and I promise to get you a prompt answer.

Today my first workshop is at 1:00pm and then another at 5:30pm. Can't wait to tell you all about it.

It's raining out now and looks like the weather won't be so great. I am sure it will be fun at the show and maybe I will see you there.

Hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. You look so studious! You're getting good at your free motion quilting!

    ReplyDelete