Friday, October 23, 2009

True Blue and Crocheted Baby Afgan

I am finally done with all 100 blocks for the TB quilt and am ready to start assembling them into the quilt top.
I am still working on how to edit this blog and thanks to my daughter Casey I did get the pictures in the right place. YAY!!! In the first one TB is laid out on my bed (I really need to make myself a design board). That isn't even all of the blocks because I couldn't fit them all on my bed. You can really see the pattern pop out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The next photo is the last 10 blocks ready to be assembled.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Now I am ready to put it all together but not today. :)
I am going to Cedar Rapids today to pick up my 5 y/o granddaughter for the weekend. YAY!!! I haven't spent a lot of time with her this year and now that I am currently unemployed I am taking advantage.

I just wanted to give a short update to everyone on my activity the last 2 days. I went to see my youngest daughter, Casey, both days. We spent the afternoons with her new son named Leo. We baked cookies on Wednesday, chocolate chip, my favorite. I stayed for supper that night. She made a delicious meal of vegetables from her garden, glazed carrots and steamed potatoes along with Scallops sauteed in butter and wine. It was wonderful.
Yesterday we enjoyed a leisurely lunch together and she helped me to put a signature to my blog. We had lots of conversation. I snuck in a few hugs to her as well as being able to hold my darling grandson as much as I wanted. :) A good time was had by all. Leo is growing so fast. He is already 10 weeks old and such a handsome little fellow. I sure do love being a grandma.


This the baby afgan I am crocheting for my sister-in-laws first grandchild. It takes 2 strands of yarn and will be a very warm blanket when it is finished. Baby and family all live in Utah.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Those are my current WIP. What is WIP? you ask? Well it stands for work in progress.
That is all for now. I will work at blogging on a more regular basis to keep you updated.
Thanks for stopping in. I love to read your comments so thanks for taking the time to comment.

This is something new I picked up from crazy mom quilter:
My Gratitudes:

1) My husband who works hard and never complains.

2) My 3 adorable grandchildren who bless me so much with their energy and huggableness. (is that a word?)

3) My Mom. I love you very much Mom.


Talk to all of you soon,

1 comment: