Saturday, October 31, 2009

Home again Home again

I finally feel rested up after a very busy week. Just a little recap>>> I got home on Thursday night at about 10:00pm. Fat Quarter Log Cabin was my late workshop - 5:30 - 8:30. What a fun class and making the log cabin with Marty Michele's ruler certainly made it a lot faster.

Hip to be Square was my Thursday afternoon workshop, all about making sure your long arm frame is set up right each time before you load your quilt. Renea Haddadin was the instructor. Renae had several of her award winning quilts on display and I must say she does stunning work. It was a very informative class. I know I don't have a long arm - Yet. :)

Friday was a very busy day starting at 8:30am and going until 4:00pm. Free motion quilting 101 with Micky Dupre. What a great class following Frieda Anderson's on Wed. I certainly feel more confident about jumping in and PRACTICING my Free Motion quilting. Micky really took us step by step through various stitches that all worked off of each other. Kind of like building blocks really.

I came home early and went to bed early and now it is about 4:00am Sat morning and I wanted to let you know that if you didn't take any workshops this year there is always next year. It is definately well worth the money. The instructors are all professionals and your classmates are all very nice and friendly. I loved it and look forward to next year.

Of course I didn't get out of the show without spending more money. :) I bought a table extension for my sewing machine,(recommended by Micky) and quilting thread for my FM quilting projects.

Well there you have it, Des Moines Quilt show 2009. Today is the last day so if you haven't gone yet, stop in and check it out. There are a lot of Beautiful quilts and tons of goodies.

Hope you have a great weekend. Keep reading as I am going to have a fabric giveaway coming up. Stay tuned for details.

Talk at you later,

No comments:

Post a Comment